171 McDermot Avenue

May 25, 2019 & May 26, 2019
Saturday: 9:00 am - 5:00pm
Sunday: 9:00 am - 5:00pm

171 McDermot Avenue was built in 1921 for Dawson Richardson, a grain broker turned publisher. This building housed the firm that published the Grain Trade News; the Western Gardener: The Beekeeper and Poultry Magazine and the Musical Life & Arts Magazine.

In 1972 the building was vacant but in the following year it was renovated and converted into the “Lock Stock and Barrel” restaurant with a cocktail lounge in the basement and a licensed dining room on the first floor.

It later housed the popular nightclub, “Desoto’s,” and subsequently became “Pockets and The Coyote Club.”

In the early 2000’s the building was left empty and deteriorating. In December 2014 the building was purchased by Trotzdem Inc. In 2015 the building was completely gutted and restored to it’s original glory. The building was developed with the concept of integrating work and community. The top floor houses office space. The main floor is occupied by “Forth Café,” “Dogwood Coffee,” and an events space. The lower floor accommodates “Forth Lounge,” and a gallery space.

In 2017 the completely restored building received a Conservation Award from Heritage Winnipeg.

Guided tours will start at 11:00am, 12:30pm and 2:00pm, lasting 30 minutes, maximum 10 participants per tour.

SUPPORT WINNIPEG HARVEST!
Bring a tin for the bin to this location during Doors Open Winnipeg!

Facilities at this location:

WashroomsFood

Learn More: