230 Main Street
May 25, 2019 & May 26, 2019Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pmSunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
The Fortune Block was constructed in 1882 by Mark Fortune at the corner of Main and St. Mary, making it now the 5th oldest building in downtown Winnipeg. Fortune sold it after construction was completed to Alexander Macdonald who in 1883 added the near twin addition to the south side of the building (the Macdonald Block). The original layout had four retail units facing onto Main Street and office suites above. The building saw a lot of adaptations over the years but the complete exterior and Fortune side interior have been fully restored to their 1882 glory.