119 Sutherland Avenue
May 27, 2017 & May 28, 2017Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pmSunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Designed by J.H.G. Russell, the building at 119 Sutherland Ave. housed a Methodist-sponsored mission which became prominent in 1907-13 under the superintendency of Rev. J.S. Woodsworth. The building was built for functionality and durability.
Due to this, the building has served its occupants well. After it was no longer used as a Mission, it was acquired by the Manitoba Indian Brotherhood in the early 1970s and housed the Manitoba Indian Cultural Education Centre in 1975. An extensive interior renovation occurred in 2009 and is now called the Manitoba Indigenous Cultural Education Centre.
There will be 2 tours per day at 1:30 pm and 3:30 pm.