231 McDermot Avenue
May 25, 2019 & May 26, 2019Saturday: 2:00pm - 5:00pmSunday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm
The Albert Block, more commonly known as The Mariaggi Hotel, was built in the early 1900’s by Sir James Tupper. Tupper rented and eventually sold to Frank Mariaggi an Italian restaurateur from Corsica. Mariaggi’s became well known for the 8,000 sq.ft. restaurant with the “Longest Bar in the West” reaching from Albert Street to Arthur Street. Also, dining grotto’s in the basement were the talk of the town. The lavishly appointed hotel suites on the upper floors were extraordinary with telephone, elegant tapestries, rugs, draperies and each had a luxury bathroom with individual toilet, bath and sink. Today’s Mariaggi’s has once again set a new standard for the day. All theme suites are uniquely designed with furnishings and artwork that represent the country of the theme.
Guided tours will run throughout the day, lasting 15 minutes, maximum 40 participants per tour.