444 York Avenue
May 25, 2019 & May 26, 2019Saturday: 9:00am - 5:00pmSunday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
The Vaughan Street Jail was built in 1881 by architect Charles Osborne Wickensen, and was later modified by Samuel Hooper in 1909. It is the oldest provincially owned building still standing within the City limits. There are significant local and Canadian historical figures connected to this building, and yet unfortunately, there is still no heritage designation.
Guided tours will start every 10 minutes, lasting 60 minutes, maximum 50 participants per tour, departing from the west side of the building, facing Memorial Boulevard.
SUPPORT WINNIPEG HARVEST!
Bring a tin for the bin to this location during Doors Open Winnipeg!