Doors Open provides a unique cultural and educational experience.
For one weekend a year, the public is invited to enter built heritage treasures, cultural institutions and other buildings of interest not normally accessible to the public, completely free of charge.
Every year, over 400 engaged and passionate individuals volunteer to ensure that Winnipegger’s have an opportunity to act as tourists in their own city. This year, we need you to be part of that team.
Heritage Winnipeg is currently seeking qualified and interested individuals to volunteer during the Doors Open Winnipeg event taking place on May 27th and May 28th, 2017.
Your support will help us:
- Foster public awareness and understanding of community history and local architecture;
- Encourage civic pride and active involvement in heritage conservative and development projects;
- Showcase buildings and properties to potential developers, tenants and conservationists;
- Recognize and celebrate those Winnipeg buildings which best exemplify the qualities and value of heritage
Opportunities are available in a wide-range of historical buildings and at a number of historical sites. If you love being active in your city and community, have an interest in architecture, history, heritage or city planning, enjoy dealing with the public, and care about Winnipeg, then we need you!
- Volunteer either May 27th or May 28th during the hours of 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
- Act as an ambassador for Heritage Winnipeg sharing the work we do and why we do;
- Greet visitors at assigned Doors Open site;
- Maintain a count of visitors to the building;
- Distribute and Collect Doors Open Awards ballot;
Experience and Skills:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Independent and able to work with limited supervision
- Able to closely follow directors
- Enthusiastic about Winnipeg’s built heritage, history and architecture
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out the volunteer form. Thanks to all of our volunteers who help make our event an overwhelming success each year.